Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming part 1

         Much to our group's dismay, our group was incapable of filming over this weekend. There was a big event over the weekends known as classics. Classics is a football game that is extremely significant in Florida. This is because it is a competition between two very important schools musically: Bethune Cookman University and Florida A&M University. This event is so significant that our school held a field trip just so that the students could have a shot at viewing this spectacular phenomenon. Being band kids, this event was greatly intriguing and all though I did not attend, I could completely understand when one of our group members decided to travel there with her family over the weekend. However, this would mean that our group would be incapable of filming over the weekend. As seen in the storyboard, all four of us are required in order for us to shoot the scenes. Should Aaliyah be excluded, the impact and overall vision intended to be created through the song would be tarnished. Additionally, my responsibilities at home with my mother also contributed to our not filming the project over the weekend. 
           Despite this setback, we still intend to film as planned. We will still meet up at Lauren's house, and though it's unofficial, I believe on of her parents will be picking us up. The filming process will begin at around 3 or 4 o' clock. Our goal is to shoot the scenes required at the meeting location and be at Sawgrass Mall by golden hour. This is so that we can get the perfect lighting for our film, as lighting was a major issue when we were doing the commercial. We will arrive in our casual clothes, after which we will change into something more outgoing. The theme was supposed to be "trendy and casual", but I wasn't sure how to apply that, especially considering my group's contrast of interest. Unfortunately, the images shown to me for reference were majority pants and crop top themed outfits, which would be an issue for me, considering my religious beliefs. My beliefs may also go against the scene in which we're getting ready, applying makeup and other things, as I do not engage in such practices as well. Nevertheless, I will think of a method of compromise in order to ensure that the film is according to the desire of the entire group. 
              After we enter the mall, we intend to ask for the consent to film from the mmall in order to ensure that everything we do is within the guidelines of the law. After this, we intend to go into the stores and film. Whether Lauren's parents will be participating in the film whether to serve as an adult supervisor, assistance to film, or merely to watch us is undisclosed to me. This iis not the only thing I am uncertain of. We do not know when filming will end, meaning I do not know if food will be provided. Because of this, I would appreciate to know if it will be necessary to bring money to et. I also do not know at what time I would have the opportunity to do so. I also do not know the time at which I will be returning home, nor by what method. However, I have assurance the all the intricacies of the project will be sorted out by tomorrow, the filming day. Our goal is for our project to be more successful than the previous one. Hopefully we will be able to achieve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment