Thursday, November 14, 2019

Intro to new project: Music video

I enjoyed and learned many things doing the McDonald's commercial. Working with my peers was a very entertaining, we were efficient and worked with a positive outlook for the entirety of the project. The filming of the commercial was definitely the most eventful process-- I learned a lot about the camera and the angles. I had retained the knowledge from the lectures in class, but I wasn't actually able to apply it when we began the process until gaining some experience during the filming process. Editing, contrary to the film, was a boring and strenuous process. I have learned much about editing, however my group had also learned that it is much easier to simply use iMovie as opposed to Pinnacle Studios. I have also learned to save an extra copy of our takes should something happen and remain faithful to the storyboard.

The song we selected was "Catch Me Outside" by rapper Ski Mask the Slump God. It's a well known song and is enjoyed by my groupmates, so we decided to do it. The song sets an exciting and liberating mood, a theme that we intend to highlight and emphasize in our music video.

I personally do not take pleasure in listening to rap music, but I know that the music typically follows a heavy base line and a repeated chord progression. As for the videos, I know that the lighting is rarely, if ever vibrant and pans are frequently utilized alongside your typical cut or jump cut.


  1. Costume: We will start the film in casual clothing, after which we will change into more exciting attire. We're chnaging to head on the road, meaning we're dressing in hopes of clear weather.
  2. Lighting: Though our music video will start in a bright and positive atmosphere, we will be following the typical rap theme and change to a darker mood. This will be to represent our "night of the town" theme and not stray too far from the popular rap atmosphere.
  3. Actor: We're positive that we will all be performing in our film. However, there is a chance that we will be using outside individuals to help give us a free, party-like atmosphere.
  4. Make-up: I am religiously restrained from wearing makeup, but my group members might take pleasure in wearing it.
  5. Props: Any objects found in our environment are a potential prop. Specifically, we intend to go to the mall and use the sports car display. 
  6. Scenery: Our scenery will be at the mall and the house where we all gather in the film. However, this is not concrete as yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment