Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing Process 1

Today we intended to edit the blog. Unfortunately, this did not come to pass. Computers 1-12 are working computers, and though 13 and beyond have pinnacle studios, they are not in the best condition. This means that we cannot crop or edit the videos created. It is because of this why we did not make much progress in editing today. However, the day was productive in other means, so maybe  we will be able to edit successfully next class.  We intend to do voice overs as well as effects and transitions when we get the opportunity.  This is exciting but also worrisome, simply due to the fact that I am worried that my group and I will have a contrast of interest. We had conflicts before and today because we did not efficiently make a plan for the shots and the commercial. Next time we work together should we get the opportunity, I will ensure that the plan is well illustrated and clear for my teammates.

Even though we did not get to edit, we did get to record. We only had two more scenes, so we got to record those two missing scenes today. Jahrvia brought the food, so we were able to do the trunk shot.  We also remembered to bring the clothes from last time so that we can shoot the door exiting scene. Luckily for me, I did not have to change. I didn’t have to change because the McDonald’s worker was no longer required. This, as last time, resulted in me being the cameraman for the scenes required. I didn’t have much of a say in the trunk shot; I stood and ensured that everything went as planned and assisted when needed.  We recorded this a few times, and had some issues figuring out how to do the trunk shot. Lauren eventually figured out how to do it, and the shot went smoothly after that. Both Jahrvia and Lauren were cast in the trunk shot , and they only took one shot of the scene.

After this scene we went to do the first scene of the film. There was a debate over where we should shoot the takes. The image was to have the mother and the two children exiting the building and talking about their dreams. In order to do this, we needed double doors. We thought of using the double doors for the gym, but there was a dispute. The reason for such was because the doors were blue and McDonald’s is red. This applies to most of our doors. Luckily, the media center has glass doors. This meant we could shoot without altering our theme. After traveling to the media center, there was an issue with shooting. I wanted to do a tracking shot from a distance and then trail behind, and my teammate just wanted to walk past the camera. No one was satisfied for a while and there was a lot of shots. In the end, I decided to do two shots. The first shot was from close, the second was from a distance. I preferred the first shot so we went with that. However, my teammates appeared to be frustrated and spoke very quietly. We might have to voice over next class. I hope next class will be better and more efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment