Monday, October 28, 2019

Filming Process 1

On Thursday, October 24, 2019, my group shot the scenes for our commercial. Unfortunately, we could not shoot all of our scenes on the day because we didn't have access to the inside of buildings. Additionally, we did not have a happy meal box, which was crucial to the filming process. We decided to shoot the scenes in between those and record again on Monday. I had to change my entire outfit for the role. My shirt was changed to a black one and my skirt was changed to black pants. I wore black shoes and my black and white visor. Lauren and Jahrvia, two of my three partners, changed their shirts to something more childlike. Aaliyah did not have to change her clothes because she was the mother and did not have to. Most of our scenes were outside, so we didn't have to change locations.

We filmed on the senior patio for most of our scenes. The first scene had consisted of the children and the mother walking to the seats. They decided to put a spin on it and improvise as they went to their seats. We improvised for the majority of the scenes. This was because for most of the scenes, although there was a rough guideline, there was no specific script. However, it ended up working well and the guideline was sufficient to create the scene we all desired. We took a lot of takes of the first scene and were incredibly picky. As time progressed, however, we realized that there wasn't enough time and were not as specific. There were only four of us, so when we got to the scene where the McDonald's waiter came to take their order, we ended up having to leave the camera. This means that we couldn't do zooms, pans or tilts. This was a bummer for me because I feel like they enhance the film. Nevertheless, we did the recording in one take and made do with what we were skilled enough to achieve. Hopefully we can edit some effects in post production.

I enjoyed the experience very much, particularly towards the end. I was only in two scenes, so I transitioned to the role of cameraman after I completed my lines. This allowed us to do close ups, change the variety of our shots, and add camera movements. We changed a lot of the ideas I had in mind in the beginning. Our shots also contrasted the plans of other team members. We decided to do an over the shoulder shot between the children. This scene includes the children playing with the barbie toys that match their desired careers. In the end, they turn to face the camera and say the barbie slogan, after which there is a tilt to the sky. My intention is for the shot to fade to a red backdrop with the McDonald's logo. Once the clips have completely transitioned, the signature jingle will play and the clip will cut to black.

No comments:

Post a Comment