Friday, October 11, 2019

Introduction

-        Hello, my name is Anishkaneel Allen! I am15 years old. I am a  sophomore  at Fort Lauderdale High School. Presently I reside in Plantation, Florida and I enjoy things such as the arts and literature. I was born March 11, 2004 in Broward General hospital. My mom works in the education field and her drive to assist students in need has inspired me to pursue a career in Speech Language pathology. However,  there are various other aspirations that I have in mind that I could potentially do instead. I like the color blue, particularly vibrant shades and mixtures such as cyan. Despite my vibrant taste in visuals, I fancy more dramatic movies that touch the soul and evoke emotion, such as romantic tragedy. 
-        My passion for the arts has influenced me in a lot of my after school activity. Although I wasn’t active kindergarten through third grade due to lack of confidence and interest, moving to Fort Lauderdale inspired me to be active and I joined the chorus club. I found myself to enjoy this activity very much, and from then on I’ve engaged in the activity every year. Entering sixth grade I also sparked my interest in literature and writing, which paved the way to debate. Unfortunately, debate was not the best experience for me, as I was not informed properly regarding the regulations by my teacher and I never found the category I was truly passionate about until the end of eighth grade. In high school I attempted poetry, and although the club was not as intriguing as I anticipated, I did appreciate the bonds I developed with the members there. I didn’t find the club I was truly passionate about until the end of freshman year when I joined marching band. I was already passionate about the activity before— the music was entrancing and their enthusiasm blew me away. I intend to remain in band until I graduate from high school in the year 2022. 

-        I joined this class for various reasons— I initially thought the class was entertaining and the idea of learning more about the film industry fascinated me. Additionally, I heard from my peers that it was a fun and interesting class, which I felt could benefit my schedule. It is presently meeting my expectations as a fun class with opportunities to use your peers as a social mechanism in order to learn more about the art known as film. I anticipate that it will continue to challenge me to expand my horizons and test my abilities to the fullest in hopes of creating something that would show my views on this subject. I intend to pass this class, as well as my other classes in order to graduate from high school with my diploma and some form of merit. Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment